The Historic Kenwood Neighborhood Association and several other affiliated groups depend almost entirely on volunteers. Since working alongside other volunteers is one of the easiest ways to get to know others, our volunteer activities help to promote the warm, friendly character of our neighborhood, as well as making our neighborhood a better place to live.
"You never really get to know someone until you've sweat with them." is what member Bill Heyen likes to say. Once you've done a neighborhood project or event you have made friends and you have ownership in both the project and your neighborhood.
WAYS TO VOLUNTEER
- BungalowFest - many hands needed for our largest annual event and fundraiser - ticket sales, home hosts, more
- Art in the Park - organizers, ticket sales, event attendants, more
- Founder's Day - set up, grilling, games, cleanup, more
- St. Pete Pride - float, parade, Kenwood booth, beer tent
- Porch Parties - hosting
- Pinot in the Park - Planning, set up, serving.
- Neighborhood Cleanups - heavy and light yard work, painting, trash pickup
- Neighborhood Garage Sale - set up, sell, clean up
- Festival of States Parade - build a float, move the float, march in the parade
- Care Fest - various projects in connection with CareFest USA
- Easter Egg Hunt - hide eggs, baskets, and goodies, cleanup
- Pub Crawls - organize one of these events
- Other efforts as needs arise - everything from maintaning our beautiful pavilion in Seminole Park to article submissions for the newsletter.
If you'd like to volunteer, please use this form or contact one of our board members.